Girl dies after choking on marshmallow, falling

Azriel Estabrooks choked on a marshmallow at a birthday party Saturday, then fell and hit her head.

Estabrooks was treated for a severe head injury in the pediatric intensive care unit at an area hospital. She remained in critical condition until Friday morning, when it was announced that she had died.

>> Read more trending stories

She was a student at North Elementary School in Somerset.

Purple was Estabooks’ favorite color, and the family asked for others to wear purple to show support.

The Azriel’s Funeral Fund campaign has been established for the family on GoFundMe.

Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X