A gas war among stations in one Michigan town forced prices below $1.
According to some reports, the fuel fight in Houghton Lake saw prices hovering around 50 cents at one point Sunday.
The Beacon & Bridge Market, Citgo and Marathon stations are offering the fuel for less than $1, according to 9and10 News.
Police officers were helping direct traffic near the stations because of long lines, according to 9and10 News.
However, the prices were apparently promotional. Gas was back to $1.46, $1.48 and $1.47 at those stations on Monday morning, according to gasbuddy.com.
Awwwwww ya. Price wars breaking out in Houghton Lake, Michigan. Photographed at 78 cents/gallon, allegedly down to 50 cents/gallon now. Cops are out directing traffic in the area. Thanks, Obama!
- Powerball winners plan to be at work on Monday
- Live shark found in Florida swimming pool
- 2 killed, several homeless after early morning tornadoes hit Florida
- Florida teen plays Powerball for first time, wins $2M
- Disney World closing attractions, including iconic Earffel Tower