“I knew it was a copperhead,” Bryan Holloway said.
The copperhead bit Shiloh on the neck.
“Turning his head to the side and shaking his head and you could tell he’d been hurt, that the snake had gotten him,” Bryan Holloway said. “As furry as he is, and he has so much fur around his neck, you could visibly see the swelling.”
WATE reported that Shiloh was given antibiotics and pain medicine and has since recovered.
"Bryson started running back and forth on the porch and started laughing and smiling and the Lord spoke to me and said, 'I protected this baby, I put this dog right there to protect your child,'" mom Alicia Holloway told WVLT. "Since Shiloh protected him, I couldn't love this dog any more ... he's been babied a whole lot since this has happened because we're very very grateful for him."