1. Christina Grimmie was discovered in 2010 after her cover video of “Party in the USA” became a YouTube hit. She was only 16 years-old.
2. Grimmie loved music, and admired the industry’s biggest women stars. In 2014, she listed Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston and Lady Gaga as some of her favorite singers.
3. Grimmie loved video games. She said, “The Legend of Zelda,” was her favorite. But she also liked "Majora’s Mask" and "Ocarina."
4. In an interview posted on her website, Christina said she would be a manatee if she could be an animal. But she was also a dog person, saying she was allergic to cats.
5. Grimmie described herself as a Christian, saying in a 2014 interview that she considered herself to be a loving and kind person and always tried to keep the peace.
6. Grimmie grew up in Marlton, New Jersey, but moved to Los Angeles to pursue her musical dreams. She didn’t like the LA traffic, but liked the sunny weather.
7. Grimmie started singing at age 6 and started taking piano lessons at age 10, according to her Wikipedia page.
8. Grimmie's middle name was Victoria.
9. Grimmie was a self-described “goofygoober."
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.