The Georgia Poison Center is warning parents and young adults about a dangerous drug that is being sold online and possibly in retail shops.
It's commonly called N-Bomb and "Legal LSD." The chemical designation for the drug is NOBme.
This week, the Poison Center was notified when a high school student arrived late Tuesday night at a Georgia hospital. He told physicians that he had taken N-Bomb.
"Instead of having the desired, LSD kind of effects, he started experiencing toxic effects. He was hallucinating, his temperature started to rise. His heart rate started to go up. His blood pressure started to rise," said Georgia Poison Center Director Dr. Gaylord Lopez.
Lopez said the teen told doctors he had experimented with the drug as a "test run" before his school prom.
"He wanted to see, ‘How is this going to affect me? Is this something I could share with my friends?’" said Lopez
According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, 20 deaths have been linked to N-Bomb or variations of the synthetic drug.
Users of the drug have posted messages on YouTube saying it can have long-term psychological effects. One user said at one point during his "trip," his felt like he was dying.
"I’m not able to see straight. I can't comprehend anything going on. The complete, entire world around me melted away and nothing was recognizable," said the user.
Lopez told Channel 2's Tom Regan the effects of N-Bomb, like other synthetic drugs, is unpredictable.
"That's what is so dangerous. You don't know what you're going to get," said Lopez
Parents say it represents another risk to children, especially those in high school.
"I think it's terrible. There’s more stuff for them. It's bad enough if they get a hold of prescription drugs and use that. Now they got something like this out there, and kids are stupid enough to try it," said Linda Douglas
Lopez said the teen who overdosed on the drug was treated and released.