The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a major recall for items recently sold at Home Depot.
More than two dozen products that had been recalled between 2012 and 2015 were recently sold at the home improvement store, CPSC announced this week.
Some of the items were sold directly to consumers, and others were sent to salvagers or recyclers who might have passed them on to their customers.
Consumers are directed to stop using the products and contact the recall firms for either a refund, replacement or repair.
The recall includes:
- CE Tech 1,000 Foot Riser Cable, sold from January 2013 through February 2013 and recalled April 9, 2013, does not meet fire resistance standards. You can get a refund. Contact Home Depot at 800-394-7509 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or go to www.homedepot.com.
- Cordelia Two-Lamp Fluorescent Shop Lights, sold from August 2013 through March 2014 and recalled on May 22, 2014, can have a loose connection at the lamp socket. Call Cordelia Lighting at 800-345-0542 extension 3001, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday to see if you are eligible for a refund.
- Easy Reach 3-Step Pro Series Step Stools by Gorilla Ladders were sold from April 2012 through August 2012 and recalled in Oct. 2012. The top step can break. Call Tricam Industries at 855-336-0360 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday to see if you are eligible for a refund.
- Fiskars Bypass Looper Shears, sold from May 20111 through June 2014 and recalled in October 2014. The handles can break break when cutting branches. Call Fiskers at 855-554-0151 or visit www.fiskars.com for a replacement.
- Genie Garage Door Openers, sold from August 2011 through October 2012 and recalled in February 2014, has a control board that can overheat. Call Genie at 800-488-9918 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday to have it repaired.
- Harris Products Group and Lincoln Electric Welding Torch Handles, sold from December 2013 through May 2014 and recalled in July 2014, can leak oxygen or fuel. Call Harris Products Group at 800-447-6906 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.harrisproductsgroup.com for a replacement.
- HeathCo Motion-Activated Outdoor Lights, sold from December 2006 though July 2013 and recalled in October 2013, can pose an electrical shock hazard. Call HeathCo at 855-704-5438, email email@example.com, or visit www.heath-zenith.com for a replacement.
- Homelite Electric Blower Vacuums, sold from February 2012 through December 2012 and recalled in February 2013, can pull in objects when vacuuming with the potential of breaking through the plastic housing. Call Homelite Consumer Products at 800-597-9624 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.homelite.com.
- Homelite Electric Blower Vacuums that were sold from January 2010 through March 2015 were also recalled in April 2015. They can overheat, spark and catch fire. Call Homelite Consumer Products at 800-597-9624 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.homelite.com.
- Kidde Disposable Plastic Fire Extinguishers, sold between August 2013 and November 2014 and recalled February 2015, have a faulty valve component. It may not fully discharge. Call Kidde at 855-283-7991 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or visit www.kidde.com
- Kidde Smoke and Combination Smoke/CO Alarms were recalled in September 2014 after being sold from January 2014 through July 2014. They can fail to work after a power outage. Call Kidde at 844-533-9011 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or visit www.kidde.com.
- Legrand Under-Cabinet Power Strips were sold from February 2011 to August 2012 and recalled in September 2012. Wires were reversed on the receptacles. Call 855-692-4620 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.legrand.us for a refund.
- LG Electric Ranges were sold from January 2006 until June 2010 and were recalled in November 2012. Burners can fail to turn off and the temperature setting can increase unexpectedly. Call 855-400-4638 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. CT Saturday or visit www.lg.com for more information on how to get a repair.
- LG Top-Loading Washing Machines were sold from April 2010 to December 2012 when it was recalled. The drum can come loose if there is an unbalanced load. Call 855-400-4639 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. CT Saturday or visit www.lg.com for more information on how to get a repair.
- Lithonia Quantum ELM and ELM2 Two-Light Emergency Lighting Fixtures were on sale from March 2010 through February 2014 and were recalled in May 2014. The circuit board can overheat, causing the light fixtures to melt. Call 888-615-4501 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.lithonia.com for more information on a repair.
- MAT Industries HDX and Powermate Two-Gallon Air Compressors were sold from June 2010 through Oct. 2013 and recalled in February 2014. They were recalled because switch terminals can come into contact with the motor housing, electrifying the compressors. Call MAT Industries at 855-922-2300 for information on a repair.
- Mohawk Altitude Gold Shag Rugs, sold from August 2013 to September 2014 and recalled in November 2014, did not meet federal flammability standards. You can get a refund for large rugs or a warning label for small rugs. Call Mohawk at 877-737-8343 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or visit www.mohawkflooring.com.
- Nest Protect Smoke + CO Alarms were sold from November 2013 to April 2014 and were recalled in May 2014. Activity near the product during a fire can prevent the alarm from sounding. To get a repair or refund, call Nest Labs at 800-249-4280 or visit www.nest.com.
- Nourison I-CANDI Collection Polyester Shag Rugs were sold in September 2012 and recalled in May 2013. They did not meet federal flammability standards. Call Nourison at 800-223-1110, extension 2358, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday.
- Pramac America Powermate Sx 5500 Portable Generators were sold from February 2012 through August 2012 and recalled in November 2012. The fuel filter allows gasoline to leak. Call 800-445-1805 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday for information on a repair.
- RSI Glacier Bay Bathroom Medicine Cabinets were sold from August 2013 to October 2013 and recalled in January 2014. The mirror or the back panel can separate and fall out of the cabinet. Call RSI at 888-774-8062 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET Monday through Friday for information on how to get a refund.
- Soleil Portable Fan Heaters were sold from September 2012 to May 2013 and recalled in July 2013. The fan's plastic housing can melt and catch fire. Call Home Depot at 877-527-0313 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for information on how to get a refund.
- SoleusAir Dehumidifiers by Gree Electric Appliances were sold from January 2005 to August 2013. They were recalled in May 2014. The dehumidifiers can overheat and possibly catch fire. Call Gree at 866-853-2802 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Vornado Air Electric Space Heaters were sold from June 2013 to May 2014 and were recalled in August 2014. They can overheat and melt. Call Vornado at 844-205-7978 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or visit www.vornado.com for information on getting a replacement.
- Waterloo Industries Husky Securelock Vertical Bike Hooks were sold from April 2011 to March 2015. They were recalled in April 2015. The bike hooks can detach unexpectedly, dropping the bike. Call Waterloo Industries at 800-833-8851 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday to find out how to get a refund.
- Westinghouse Lighting Glass Shade Holders were sold from August 2014 through January 2015. They were recalled in March 2015. The pull chain is incorrectly wired and could shock a consumer. Call 888-417-6222 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.westinghouselighting.com for replacement information.
- Wing Enterprises Switch-It Stepladder/Stepstools were sold from August 2012 to October 2012. They were recalled in December 2012. The inner side rails can separate from the outer rails when extended. Call 855-595-3378 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MT Monday through Friday for more information on a replacement.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.