A man in South Bend, Indiana says he made a gruesome discovery after swallowing what he says was skin covered in hair inside of a can of Pepsi.
Joseph Hidey says he popped open a can of the refreshing beverage, took a drink, and knew something wasn't right.
"I cracked this one open and swallowed a chunk of something,” Hidey explained. “We opened the can up and found another piece of what looks like skin with hair attached.”
Hidey says the can was part of a 24-pack of Pepsi he bought at a nearby Walmart. Pepsi released this statement:
The safety and integrity of our products is our highest priority. We have reached out to Mr. Hidey directly about his claim, which came into our after-hours call center on Sunday, and will thoroughly investigate this matter.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.