Two Vinita, Oklahoma, boys are being treated at a Texas hospital for second- and third-degree burns their mother said they got at day care.
She told KOKI-TV that she dropped her sons, ages 5 and 7, at the Happiness Is a Learning Center day care on Friday between 8:30 and 9 a.m. She said when she picked them up after 5 p.m., the kids told her they’d been at a splash pad all day without shirts on while they played.
She said the kids developed severe sunburns, and after she took them to a hospital for treatment, they were taken to the Shriner’s Hospital in Galveston, Texas, with second- and third-degree burns.
The kids' grandfather was shaken up by the incident.
KOKI talked to the Department of Human Services, which is investigating the case. Officials at the day care told KOKI that their lawyers told them not to give a statement.
The kids are expected to be in Texas for five more days.
- Once in a Blue Moon is coming next week
- Lawsuit: Popular brand of almond milk contains almost no almonds
- Bobbi Kristina Brown dies at age 22
- Child’s deathbed thoughts focused on helping others
- Watch touching drone video of funeral procession for Marine killed in Chattanooga