90,000 balloons are being hoisted in to the ceiling of the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia where preparations are underway at the site of the Democratic National Convention.
DNC 2016 officially kicks off Monday, July 25.
Our reporter Jim Otte and photographer Bob Garlock made their way from Cleveland to Philadelphia early this morning and have surveyed the area inside and outside the Wells Fargo Center.
It’s media move in day and also rehearsals are going on inside the center.
We’ll have complete team coverage of the DNC 2016 right here on this site all next week.
For our coverage of the RNC 2016, click here.
The Democratic National Convention speaker’s list has been released, but is subject to change.
Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown is on the list, but the day and time he’ll be at the podium is not available.
Democratic National Convention Speaker’s List:
· State Representative Raumesh Akbari (Tennessee)
· Congresswoman Joyce Beatty (Ohio)
· Congressman Xavier Becerra (California)
· Columbia, SC Mayor Steve Benjamin
· Senator Cory Booker (New Jersey)
· Senator Barbara Boxer (California)
· Congressman Brendan Boyle (Pennsylvania)
· Congressman Bob Brady (Pennsylvania)
· Governor Jerry Brown (California)
· Senator Sherrod Brown (Ohio)
· Senator Bob Casey (Pennsylvania)
· Congressman Joaquin Castro (Texas)
· Congressman James Clyburn (South Carolina)
· Congressman Joseph Crowley (New York)
· Governor Andrew Cuomo (New York)
· Governor Mark Dayton (Minnesota)
· Former Governor Howard Dean (Vermont)
· New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
· Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan
· Majority Leader State Representative Crisanta Duran (Colorado)
· Congresswoman Michelle Lujan Grisham (New Mexico)
· Chillicothe, OH Mayor Luke Feeney
· State Representative Peggy Flanagan (Minnesota)
· Senator Al Franken (Minnesota)
· Congressman Ruben Gallego (Arizona)
· Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
· Former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords & Captain Mark Kelly (Arizona)
· Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (New York)
· Tallahassee, FL Mayor Andrew Gillum
· Former Governor Jennifer Granholm (Michigan)
· Congressman Luis Gutierrez (Illinois)
· Former Senator Tom Harkin (Iowa)
· Democratic State Party Chair Jaime Harrison (South Carolina)
· Governor John Hickenlooper (Colorado)
· Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas)
· Senator Tim Kaine (Virginia)
· Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney
· State Senator Ruben Kihuen (Nevada)
· Senator Amy Klobuchar (Minnesota)
· Congressman Ted Lieu (California)
· Congresswoman Nita Lowey (New York)
· Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes (Kentucky)
· Governor Terry McAuliffe (Virginia)
· Congresswoman Gwen Moore (Wisconsin)
· Senator Chris Murphy (Connecticut)
· Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom (California)
· Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (Washington, DC)
· Former Governor Martin O’Malley (Maryland)
· House Minority Leader Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi
· Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed
· Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid (Nevada)
· Congressman Adam Schiff (California)
· Senator Chuck Schumer (New York)
· Former State Representative Bakari Sellers (South Carolina)
· Senator Jeanne Shaheen (New Hampshire)
· State Senator Pat Spearman (Nevada)
· Former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
· Boston Mayor Marty Walsh
· Senator Elizabeth Warren (Massachusetts)
· Congresswoman Maxine Waters (California)
· Flint, MI Mayor Karen Weaver
· Governor Tom Wolf (Pennsylvania)
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.