Five local restaurants will participate for the first time in the Miami Valley Restaurant Association’s Winter Restaurant Week this year.
Carillon Brewing Company, Calypso Grill and Smokehouse in Yellow Springs, View 162 Rooftop Restaurant in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Tank’s Bar and Grill and Primanti Bros. are joining the foodie fun.
Restaurant Week is a chance for local restaurants to show off new dishes and offer the public a chance to see what they can do according to the association. The promotion runs Jan. 20–27.
During the week, the typical restaurant offers a three-course meal for $20.19, $25.19 or $30.19. Check the Winter Restaurant Week site, Dine Out Dayton!, for details and menus.
Here’s a taste of what the new additions will be serving up:
Carillon Brewing Company
- Appetizer: Bavarian soft pretzel, sauerkraut balls, beet and arugula salad or bier cheese soup.
- Entrée: Grilled Atlantic Salmon, herb roasted chicken or pork loin confit
Calypso Grill and Smokehouse
- Appetizer: Fried plantains, jerk chicken wings or empanadas.
- Entrée: Mojo pork, jerk chicken, pigeon peas and rice or Columbian shrimp with coconut rice and grilled plantains.
- Dessert: Island Fudge rum cake, key lime pie or coconut rice pudding
Appetizer: Caprese salad and house salad
Entrée: Not Your Mom’s Spaghetti & Meatballs, baby back ribs or Turf N Brew
Dessert: Crème brulee or bread pudding
Tanks Bar and Grill
- Appetizer: Tank’s 1-pound onion loaf, 1-pound battered veggies, cheese curds or a side salad.
- Entrée: Slow cooked beef brisket sandwich, shrimp alfredo, Tanks’ rotisserie style broasted chicken breast or the Black-N-Blue Decadent Tank Burger.
- Dessert: Chocolate covered cherry crème brulee or salted caramel glazed cheesecake
- Appetizer: breaded mozzarella wedges, spicy batter-dipped pub pickles, queso dip with house cooked chips or colossal hand-cut onion rings.
- Entrée: A sandwich piled high with choice of 13 meats
- Dessert: Brownie Sunday or Snickers pie
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.