Springfield News-Sun
Photo: Staff Writer
Photo: Staff Writer

Medical helicopter called to Springfield home after man catches himself on fire 

OTHER LOCAL NEWS: Man arrested in connection with fire at Auglaize County apartment building 

Initial reports indicate a 68-year-old man suffered serious burns in a fire that started in the kitchen of the house in the 300 block of South William Street.

A CareFlight medical helicopter initially was on standby, and was dispatched just after 3 a.m., according to emergency scanner traffic. 

No other details were immediately available.

Got a tip? Call our monitored 24-hour line, 937-259-2237, or send it to newsdesk@cmgohio.com

Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X