Editor’s Note: This story first published on Oct. 20, 2017, after the 2017 Best of Springfield announcement.
More than 30 Clark County businesses have a new award to display in their storefronts after a ceremony last Thursday honored some of the area’s most popular services and restaurants.
The Best of Springfield competition recognized a variety of local companies, ranging from best pizza to best place to shop for bargains. Voting was conducted online and allowed residents to suggest their own favorites instead of requiring them to pick from a list of finalists.
“It’s a real celebration of our community,” said Chris Schutte, vice president of destination marketing and communications for the Chamber of Greater Springfield. “It brings together a diverse group of attendees from virtually all walks of life.”
MORE POPULAR STORIES
Olympic Coney Island, a Bechtle Avenue diner, won the award for Best Cheap Eats. The award was a recognition the diner is doing a good job serving its customers, said owner Tony Rama, who co-owns the restaurant with his brother Allen. The diner has been serving customers for three years.
“For the price, portion and quality of the food, nobody can beat us,” Tony Rama said.
TaBatha Biggs and her husband Steve had a particularly good night. TaBatha owns Studio B Salon and Spa, 306 N. Limestone St., which won the best salon category. Steve’s company A Team Roofing won the category for best construction company.
TaBatha said its the second year her salon has won the category and said her connection with the chamber has helped provide networking and advice in running the salon.
Best of Springfield winners (top 3)
1. Pizza: Bada Bing, Hickory, O’Conners
2. Restaurant Fine Dining: Season’s, O’Conners, Cecil & Lime
3. International Food: Los Mariachis, Casa Del Sabor, Guerra’s Krazy Taco
4. Sweets/Desserts: Schuler’s Bakery, Winan’s, Jazzy Cakes
5. Coffee: Winan’s (288), Scout’s (256), Coffee Expressions (244)
6. Customer Service: O’Conner’s, Studio B, Security Bank
7. Social Media: O’Conner’s, LWS, Winan’s
8. Healthcare: North Spring Dental, Springfield Regional, OVSH
9. Cheap Eats: Olympic Coney Island, Guerra’s, Taco Bell
10. Food Truck: Ramen Rickshaw, EAT, Painted Pepper
11. Wings: Roosters, BW3, O’Conners
12. Bar: O’Conners, Mother’s, Station 1
13. Salon: Studio B, Oasis, Bombshell
14. Local Attraction: Young’s, Summer Arts Festival, Hartman
15. Gym: Springfield Health & Fitness, Planet Fitness, Fitness Cellar
16. Golf Course: Windy Knoll, Reid Park, Springfield CC
17. Auto Repair: Roger’s Garage, AAMO, Brake Pros
18. Bargain Hunting: Ollie’s, Marshall’s, Goodwill
19. Kid’s Fun: Young’s, Splash Zone, Snyder Park
20. Patio: O’Conner’s, Mother Stewart’s, Ridgewood Café
21. Band: The Temps, 9 Volt, American Landscape
22. Employer: Security Bank, Navistar, Assurant
23. Local Event: Summer Arts Festival, Rotary Food Trucks, HITC
24. Outdoor Rec: Buck Creek State Park, Vet’s Park, Snyder Park
25. Historic Building: Westcott House, Heritage Center, News-Sun
26. Local Athlete: Adam Eaton, Jason Collier, Rick White
27. Contractor: A Team, Mason Plumbing, Hauck Bros
28. Landscaper: Gillam, Buena Vista, Emerald Green
29. Auto/Truck/Motorcycle Dealer: Wyler, Bill Marine, Mid-Ohio Harley
30. Bank/Insurance/Finance: Security, Wright-Patt CU, PNC
31. Assisted Living: Oakwood Village, Forest Glen, Villa Springfield
32. Bartender: Steve House (Station), Allie Sebastinas (O’Conners), Joe Clark (Buckeye)
MORE BUSINESS NEWS: