Mom warns other parents after baby burned by sunscreen

A Canadian mother is warning other parents after her young daughter suffered a second-degree chemical burn attributed to a popular sunscreen for children.

Rebecca Cannon posted the warning on Facebook on May 8, including photos of her daughter Kyla's burned face. Cannon said she used the spray version of Banana Boat SPF 50 Broad Spectrum Kids Sunscreen, and her daughter had a bad reaction to the product.

>> Read more trending stories

Cannon posted on May 11 that a dermatologist confirmed that Kyla had suffered a second-degree chemical burn. She said she contacted Banana Boat and the company offered to reimburse her for the cost of the product.

In 2014, Consumer Reports warned parents to not use spray sunscreen products on kids.

Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X