Forbes has released its annual list of the 400 richest Americans and a Dayton area man made the list.
Clayton Mathile, a businessman from Brookville who is reportedly worth $2.3 billion, came in at No. 350. He tied with seven men and one woman in Forbes’ ranking, according to the list.
Mathile’s 2017 ranking on the Forbes list is down from No. 182 in 2015 when his net worth was estimated to be at $3.4 billion. Mathile made his fortune off pet food, specifically Iams Co., which he sold in 1999 to Procter & Gamble for $2.3 billion.
Aside from Mathile, several familiar faces made the Forbes list again this year. Check out a list of the top 10 richest Americans below:
1. Bill Gates: founder of Microsoft, $89 billion
2. Jeff Bezos: founder of Amazon, $81.5 billion
3. Warren Buffett: CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, $78 billion
4. Mark Zuckerberg: founder of Facebook, $71 billion
5. Larry Ellison: Oracle corporation, $59 billion
6. Charles Koch: CEO of Koch Industries, $48.5 billion
6. David Koch: Koch Industries, $48.5 billion
8. Michael Bloomberg: Bloomberg LP, $46.8 billion
9. Larry Page: Google, $44.6 billion
10. Sergey Brin: Google, $43.4 billion
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.