DALLAS - A sniper opened fire on police officers as a peaceful protest against police violence came to a violent end in Dallas Thursday night.
By early Friday, authorities confirmed five of the 12 injured officers had died of their wounds.
- Shooting leaves Dallas officers dead: What we know about the victims
- Dallas Protests Turn Deadly: A Timeline
- Officers killed, injuries reported after peaceful protest in Dallas: What we know
- Dallas shooting deadliest attack on U.S. law enforcement since 9/11
- Obama: Dallas shooting \'vicious, calculated, despicable attack on law enforcement\'
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.