Springfield -- Ohio Edison will provide customers in Clark County who continue to be without power from storms and high winds two gallons of water and one bag of ice free of charge at the following local stores:
- Kroger, 2300 N. Limestone St., Springfield
- Kroger, 2989 Derr Rd., Springfield
Go to the customer service desk identify the need and supplies will be provided.
To ensure safety Ohio Edison warns that you should never touch downed lines because they may still be carrying electricity. Customers should never try to remove trees or limbs from power lines.
- Avoid opening the refrigerator or Freezer. A full freezer can keep food frozen for up to three days if it’s kept closed.
- Unplug major appliances until after the power has been restored. Keep one light connected so you will know when the power is back on.
- Burning candles should never be left unattended.
- Gasoline-powered generators should never be run inside a home or attached garage.
All residents who have questions or concerns can call Information and Referral at 211.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.