Urban Handmade in Yellow Springs carries work from more than 70 artists and makers specializing in jewelry, accessories, home decor, clothing, handbags, paper goods, bath and body, original art and more.
Their slogan is "power to the artists" and based on the contents of their shop they believe it.
The downtown Yellow Springs store offers handmade work that in many cases is one of a kind.
There are very cool items that can be picked up for last-minute gift giving.
Here were some of our favorite items that we found at a recent visit:
• Handmade & illustrated ceramic mugs, plates and bowls from Artifact Pottery
• Earrings — $10 or two for $15
• A variety of different soaps and balms made by Retreat Street in Yellow Springs
• Handmade Jewelry from Rosie Reveries
• Nightlights from Hunky Dory Studios, $30
• Gloves and scarves
• Clever Ohio apparel
• Beard oils and wash in manly scents like pine and cedar and citrus and mint
• Fused glass ornaments for $20
• Ohio Coasters
WANT TO GO?
What: Urban Handmade
Where: 113 Corry St., Yellow Springs
More information: 937-319-6049 | www.shopurbanhandmade.com
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.