File image of a pet mouse.
Photo: Remains/Getty Images/iStockphoto
Photo: Remains/Getty Images/iStockphoto

Pet mouse that ate heroin saved with Narcan

>> Read more trending stories

The woman told staff that the mouse had eaten heroin. Clinic volunteer Melissa Patton gave the mouse, Snuggles, an oral dose of Narcan, according to the CBC. The drug is widely used to reverse the effects of an opiate overdose. Patton also gave the tiny rodent oxygen.

Snuggles responded well to treatment. Patton has adopted the mouse after the owner said she was going into a treatment center.

Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X