Mother says toddler got second-degree burns on playground slide

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

caption arrowCaption
7 Simple Summer Safety Tips

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

A 2-year-old girl in Idaho suffered second-degree burns while riding a playground slide Thursday afternoon, her mother said.

Stephanie Luker told KPVI that her daughter, Ariadne, was playing on a plastic slide when she said her hands hurt.

Explore>> Read more trending news

Luker said her daughter's hands were red and began to blister by the time they got home.

Luker spoke to a nurse over the phone to determine if Ariadne required emergency treatment. Luker told KPVI that the nurse was surprised that such serious burns occurred on a plastic slide.

Ariadne's hands will heal, but Luker wanted to warn other parents about the potential dangers that even plastic slides pose during the summer.

About the Author