What greater gift is there than telling someone you love them? In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, here is a wonderful DIY gift.
It won’t cost you an arm and a leg, but you’ll have to open your heart.
You will need
• 1 glass jar — $2.99 at Goodwill (you can use a Mason Jar or any other sort of glass container you can close)
• Streamer ribbon — 99 cents at the Dollar Tree
Items I already had around the house:
• Pen or marker
• Decorative ribbon
1. Using a program such as Microsoft Word, create business card-size labels that each say “I love you because.” You should be able to get eight to 10 labels per sheet. If you don’t want to do this, feel free to cut a normal sheet of computer paper into rectangles.
2. Depending on how big your jar is, print out enough labels to fill your jar. You may want to print out a few extra in case you make an error when writing. When I made this, I did 100 reasons why I love you, so I printed out enough to have about 110.
3. Fill out each slip with a reason why you love the person you are giving this to.
4. Roll up each piece of paper individually and tie it with streamer ribbon.
5. Place each individually rolled paper into your jar and tie a larger ribbon in a bow around the outside of the filled jar.
This is such a simple idea, but it can mean so much to the person you give it to. Try to mix up your reasons. Yes, you can be sentimental, but add some funny random reasons why you love that person, too. For just $3.98, you have created a memorable gift that will mean the world to that someone special.
You can reach Jessica Garringer at JessicaGarringer@gmail.com. Get more money saving tips, ideas and projects at www.SaverSavvy.word press.com, www.Facebook.com/SaverSavvy or @SaverSavvy on Twitter.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.