Summer break is here. And chances are, many parents have already heard those dreaded words from their children: “I’m bored.”
Parents looking for a bargain need to look no further than their local bowling center as – for the ninth year – the Kids Bowl Free program provides frugal fun and fitness.
KIDS BOWL FREE
Here’s what you need to know about the program:
- A record 2,381,971 children registered for the program last summer and more than 13 million young bowlers have participated since the program began.
- More than 1,200 bowling centers – located in all 50 states and every Canadian province – are participating in the program this summer. Ohio has the most participating centers of any state with 78.
- Registered participants receive two free games of bowling per day at their selected bowling center during the duration of the summer program (shoe rental is not included).
For information or to register, visit www.kidsbowlfree.com.
About the Benefits
- Physical benefits of bowling include improved muscle toning and increased strength; weight loss; greater flexibility and balance; improved hand-eye coordination and posture.
- Bowling two games completes approximately 40 of the recommended 60 minutes of daily physical activity.
- Bowlers exercise 184 muscles and walk the equivalent of about a half-mile by bowling just two games.
- The low-impact activity can be enjoyed by all ages and ability levels and can provide both stress relief and camaraderie.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.