Kevin Spacey scenes cut from ‘All the Money in the World’ movie, recast with Christopher Plummer


Kevin Spacey continues to have career fallout after multiple allegations of sexual harassment. 

Deadline reported Thursday that the actor’s scenes have been cut from the J. Paul Getty biopic “All the Money in the World.” The film’s director, Ridley Scott, along with Imperative Entertainment’s Dan Friedkin and Bradley Thomas have removed Spacey’s scenes from the already finished movie.

>> Read more trending news

Christopher Plummer will replace Spacey in the role of Getty. The movie, about the 1973 kidnapping of Getty’s 16-year-old grandson John Paul Getty III, is still set for a Dec. 22 release. 

Plummer will reshoot all scenes in which Spacey appeared. The decision is supported by Sony Pictures and the cast and crew of the film. Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams, who also have roles in the movie, will be reshooting scenes with Plummer. According to The Hollywood Reporter, how the reshoots will happen -- whether with assistance from visual effects or not -- is not clear.

Related: Kevin Spacey ‘suspended’ from ‘House of Cards’ as Netflix cuts ties with actor

Spacey getting cut comes after actor Anthony Rapp accused the actor of making a sexual advance on him when he was 14 years old and Spacey was 26. Eight employees on Netflix’s “House of Cards” -- in which Spacey was a lead actor and executive producer -- accused Spacey of  predatory conduct. Spacey has since been suspended from the show. Netflix has also scrapped plans to release a Gore Vidal biopic starring and produced by Spacey.

Related: 8 ‘House of Cards’ employees accuse Kevin Spacey of ‘predatory’ conduct

In one of the latest accusations against the actor, former TV anchor Heather Unruh said Spacey sexually assaulted her 18-year-old son last year. 

The recast is going to have impact beyond the film, however. Marketing materials, such as film posters and other memorabilia, will need to be redone as well.


Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Nation World

Kettering abortion provider appeals ruling that would force closure
Kettering abortion provider appeals ruling that would force closure

The Dayton-area’s lone abortion provider has appealed a Montgomery County judge’s decision in late August to uphold a state ruling that would force its closure. The clinic is expected to remain open during the appeal process, lawyers for Women’s Med said. MORE: These local fire departments are looking for more full-timers, matching...
Kettering facility hoping legislation can provide financial boost
Kettering facility hoping legislation can provide financial boost

A local facility that specializes in the treatment of babies experiencing withdrawal could get a financial boost from legislation that passed in the U.S. Senate this week. Brigid’s Path, which recently celebrated its one-year anniversary at 3601 S Dixie Dr., is not eligible to receive Medicaid reimbursement. It relies heavily on donations from...
Tennessee man arrested for setting fire to daughter's wheelchair while she was in it
Tennessee man arrested for setting fire to daughter's wheelchair while she was in it

A Tennessee man was arrested Thursday and charged with setting fire to his daughter’s wheelchair while she was in it, WCYB reported. >> Read more trending news  Timothy Shane Medley, 41, was indicted by a Giles County grand jury for aggravated assault, abuse of an adult, felony reckless endangerment, reckless aggravated assault...
Clues sought for missing Miamisburg woman after year of police probe
Clues sought for missing Miamisburg woman after year of police probe

Police are seeking more clues from the public on the one-year anniversary since they began investigating the disappearance of a Miamisburg woman. Despite numerous extensive searches involving state and federal law enforcement, Chelsey Coe’s whereabouts has remained a mystery to Miamisburg police since she was reported missing Sept. 24, 2017,...
Retired therapist celebrates 30 years of program to help Parkinson’s patients
Retired therapist celebrates 30 years of program to help Parkinson’s patients

A retired physical therapist who has treated area Parkinson’s patients for several years is celebrating the 30th anniversary of a program he developed designed to help local patients with Parkinson’s disease remain independent. Bob Kann developed his P.A.R.K. program in 1988, and said he is also issuing the fifth edition to his book the...
More Stories