An Australian 18-year-old with Down syndrome is setting out to be both a role model and a fashion model, challenging traditional ideas about beauty and inspiring others to get in shape.
Madeline Stuart lost more than 40 pounds since she stopped eating junk food and started exercising, and she says she wants others to feel as good as she does.
After changing her outlook and her body, Stuart posed for a series of glamour shots and posted them online with the help of her mom, Rosanne.
She's hoping her efforts and her photos will change the way people think about beauty.
“I think it is time people realized that people with Down syndrome can be sexy and beautiful and should be celebrated,” Rosanne told Buzzfeed.
Her confidence and drive are already inspiring people around the world.
“People with Down syndrome can do anything. They just do it at their own pace,” she told Buzzfeed. “Give them a chance and you will be rewarded beyond your greatest expectations.”
You can see some of the Madeline's photos on her Facebook page.
- This is not your average Miss Bikini contest (photos)
- Starbucks employee's epic rant caught on camera
- Dog missing nearly six years reunited with owner in Florida
- Teen Satanist says school is discriminating against her
- This dog’s reaction to the new baby crying is just too sweet