To submit your event for free, email Wheels at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 10 days prior to desired date of publication or event. See full list, including weekly and monthly cruise-ins, online at https://www.daytondailynews.com/cars/ and look for MOTOR NEWS. Follow Wheels on Facebook @DDNWheels.
- FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE-IN, 4 p.m. to dusk, Rip Rap Roadhouse, 6024 Rip Rap Road Dayton, through Sept. 27. All makes and years welcome. Outside food and drink service available or eat inside remodeled 1853 barn. Park on back grass lot. More than three acres of grass parking. www.ripraproadhouse.com
- FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE-IN AT LOFINO’S, 5 p.m. to dark, Lofinos Beaver Valley Shopping Center, Seajay Drive near U.S. 35/Fairfield Road exchange, Beavercreek, through Sept. 27. Using same site as last year, courtesy of SVG Motors. Sponsored by SVG Motors; Greene County Antique and Classic Car Club, Miami Valley chapter; and National Corvette Restorers Society. greenecarclub.com
- FRIDAY NIGHT KETTERING CRUISE-IN, 5 p.m. to dark, Kettering Towne Center at Dorothy Lane and Woodman Drive, through Sept. 13. Everything on wheels welcome. DJ, food. Robin, 937-620-6406
- JUNE 22, DAYTON CARS AND COFFEE, 8 to 11 a.m., Austin Landing. Held every other Saturday, rain or shine, until Oct. 14. Forgeline Motorsports, Hanson Audio Video and Acura of Dayton sponsor the bi-weekly events. Hospitality sponsor is Hilton Garden Inn at Austin Landing.
NOMINATIONS FOR 13TH ANNUAL DAYTON CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE AT CARILLON PARK, Sept. 15, grounds of Carillon Historical Park, 1000 Carillon Blvd., Dayton. Presented by AAA. Featuring grand classic cars like Duesenberg, Rolls Royce, Packard, Cadillac, Bentley and more, plus 50th anniversary of the Pontiac Trans Am. All proceeds support Dayton History, Montgomery County’s official historical organization. For more information, go online to www.daytonconcours.com or call 937-293-3841. To nominate a car, contact Concours Director Mike Edgerton, 937-866-2222 or email@example.com. To nominate a motorcycle, contact Motorcycle Director Dan Black, 937-572-3670 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRUISE THE ’BURG, 4 to 9 p.m., 1 S. Main St., downtown Miamisburg, a Miamisburg Merchants association event. Live band Denny Dewey’s Southern Accents
CRUISE-IN AT ST. LEONARD FRANCISCAN LIVING COMMUNITY, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 8200 Provincial Way, Centerville. Free admission, parking. All makes, models welcome. Residents’ Choice, Director’s Choice trophies. Grilled hot dogs, hamburgers, 50/50 raffle to benefit Alzheimer’s Association. Sponsored by St. Leonard’s, co-hosted by Miami Valley Car Club. Wayne, 937-426-4519, or Kelly, 937-432-6549
CORVETTE-ONLY CRUISE-IN, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Giovanni’s, 215 West Main St., Fairborn. Entry fee $10 per Corvette to support charities, free to spectators. Door prizes, pick-a-prize, 50/50 drawing, food and beverages available at Giovanni’s, music provided by DJ Jason Skusa. Sponsored by Greater Dayton Corvette Club & Giovanni’s Italian Ristorante. https://tinyurl.com/GDCC-Cruise-In-2019
3RD ANNUAL MAMMA DISALVO’S CAR SHOW (RESCHEDULED), noon to 4 p.m., no registration needed, free event, 1375 E. Stroop Road, Kettering. Food available for purchase; door prizes, drawings. 937-299-5831
BOOK SALE/SIGNING/RACECAR DRIVERS APPEARANCES. Richmond IN Race is the title of the latest book by local auto racing authors Bill Holder and Ron Berry. Holder, a Richmond, Indiana native, has captured the auto racing history of his hometown, which once was home to five tracks or more that supported all types of open wheel and stock car racing through the years.
Richmond also had a locally built car with a Richmond driver in the first Indianapolis 500. The book will be offered for sale for the first time on June 30 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Smith Speed Shop, 401 Nation Ave., in Eaton.
The late Ray Smith, owner of the Speed Shop and also a racecar builder and owner, used many Richmond-area drivers to wheel his sprint cars.
There will be vintage and current racecars on display; drivers from the area scheduled to attend include Jack Hewitt, Greg Leffler, Jeff Bloom, Jim Linder, Rusty McClure, Jim Hines, Tom Bigelow and others. The book is $20, and all the profits from the book sales will be donated to the Dayton Auto Racing Fan Club’s Injured Drivers Fund.
For more information, contact Bill Holder at 937-233-0924.
22nd ANNUAL CHAMPAIGN CRUISERS FIRECRACKER CAR, TRUCK AND BIKE SHOW, rain or shine, registration 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., awards 3 p.m., Skelley Lumber, 1300 N. Main St., Urbana. Vehicle entry fee $10, spectators free. 300 dash plaques, 75 trophies, food, 50/50.
EVENTS AT MONTGOMERY COUNTY FAIR, Montgomery County Fairgrounds and Event Center, 645 Infirmary Road, Dayton
• JULY 8: FAST TRAXX MOTORCROSS, registration starts at 3 p.m., practice 6:30 p.m., race to follow. No AMA or special membership cards needed. Classes available for all age and skill levels. $25 per class for youth and amateur, $30 pro. Classes include beginner, intermediate, pro with 100 percent payback; youth, amateur, pro (bikes and quads). Any rider with military ID races free. Full class list at fasttraxxracing.com, 740-767-3740, race day 740-707-7336
• JULY 9: KOI DRAG RACING, practice 5 p.m. (track permitting), eliminations 7 p.m. Classes $10 with 100 percent payback to winners, for kids, quads/dirt bikes, modified, open, SXS. 2WD and 4WD, diesel ($20 class), gas, buggies, semis. Diesel points race: stock turbo extra $200, street extra $200, modified extra $300. www.koidragracing.com, 859-576-7380 or 859-351-9417
• JULY 10: ANNUAL TRACTOR PULL, weigh-in at 5 p.m., starts at 7 p.m., $30 hook fee. Presented by Darke County Tractor Pullers Association. Joe Singer, 937-459-0376; Kyle Schlechty, 937-459-0229. Rules, safety requirements at www.dctpa.com
• JULY 11: TUG-A-TRUCKS, gates open at 5 p.m., starts at 7 p.m., $20 hook fee, multiple classes. $5,500 purse paying top four spots, purse sponsored by MCAS
• JULY 12: SMASH-IT DEMOLITION DERBY, starts at 7 p.m., full-size street stock, compact street stock, smash-it mowers, power wheels. Sponsored by attorney Blake Maislin. Tim, 740-857-2033. Rules at www.smashitderby.com
• JULY 13: SKID STEER RODEO/OBSTACLE COURSE, 5 p.m., free to watch. $10 to enter, cash prizes of $500, $300, $200. Presented by Apple Farm Service Inc. Rules, registration at AppleFarmService.com/rodeo
• JULY 14: TRUCK AND TRACTOR PULL, starts at 5 p.m., classes – super stock tractors, super modified FWD trucks, modifieds, pro stock semis. Information at 937-224-1619
THUNDERBURG MOTORCYCLE CRUISE-IN, 4 to 10 p.m., 1 S. Main St., downtown Miamisburg, a Miamisburg Merchants association event, with Walker Powersports as title sponsor. DJ, live band Locking Up Otis
15TH ANNUAL STILLWATER CENTER CAR AND MOTORCYCLE SHOW, registration 8 a.m. to noon, show 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 8100 N. Main St., Dayton. $10 vehicle entry fee, dash plaques to first 175, 22 trophy categories. Stillwater Center is a home for Montgomery County children and adults who have the most severe and profound intellectual and developmental disabilities, are physically challenged and have significant medical needs. Door prizes, 50/50 raffles, food vendors, live music. Proceeds benefit Stillwater Center residents. 937-415-6215, www.mcohio.org/swshow
AUTO CROSS SOLO EVENT, Kil-Kare Speedway, 1166 Dayton-Xenia Road, Beavercreek. New racers encouraged to participate. Registration 9 to 10 a.m., drivers’ meeting 10:05 a.m. (walk track prior), FCO 10:15 a.m. (10 timed runs). Valid driver’s license, Snell 2005 or newer helmet required. Open to all makes and models. Sanctioned by Corvette Troy. Cost $30 to NCCC members, $35 nonmembers. Future dates: Aug. 11, Sept. 15, Oct. 13. Janelle Flaharty, email@example.com, 937-248-5792
AMERICAN LEGION POST 762 ANNUAL CRUISE-IN, 5 to 7:30 p.m., 35 W. Main St., New Lebanon. Food, beverages, live music from JoyRide and Trippin’ Fish from 8 p.m. to midnight. Bring a donation for local food banks – either non-perishable items or monetary so fresh food can be purchased. Sponsored in part by Over the Hill Gang Inc. Car Cub. ALPost762@gmail.com
GOODGUYS 22ND ANNUAL PPG NATIONALS, Ohio Expo Center, Columbus. More than 6,500 hot rods, classics, customs, muscle cars and trucks. There will be 450 vendor and manufacturer displays, a for-sale car corral, swap meet and indoor auto show. Road tours, evening parties. www.good-guys.com/ggn-2019
35TH FRANKLIN OHIO DOWNTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT CAR SHOW, 3 to 9:30 p.m. Presented by Warren County Kustoms. More than 800 show cars, vendors, food, fun. Sponsored by PPG Ohio Auto Kolor. http://www.warrencountykustoms.com
35TH TRANS AM NATIONALS, Holiday Inn, Fairborn. Trans-Ams from across the United States, cruise-in on Saturday evening in Tipp City. Car show, featuring 31 classes, on Aug. 25 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at hotel. https://tanationals.org/
6TH ANNUAL ENON CAR SHOW, 4 to 8 p.m., Settlers Park (downtown). $ 10 per vehicle admission which includes a commemorative dash plaque, admission charge supports Enon Police Annual Shop-With-A-Cop program. Food, music, crafts, fun. 937-864-5577 or 937-864-7870
13TH ANNUAL DAYTON CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE AT CARILLON PARK, FEATURING THE GRAND CLASSICS – elegant machines with names like Packard, Rolls-Royce, Pierce-Arrow, Duesenberg, Bentley and Cadillac. Also will honor 50th anniversary of the Pontiac Trans-Am. Casual Preview Party on evening of Sept. 14 at Carillon Historical Park. www.daytonconcours.com
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.