U.S. President Donald Trump’s fiscal 2019 federal budget is requesting $686.1 billion in military funding, including more than $21 billion in spending on aircraft programs.
Here are 7 aircraft programs a part of the budget request released today:
TODAY’S STORY: Defense spending will boost Wright Patt work
• 77 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters - $10.7 billion
• 15 KC-46 Tanker Replacements - $3.0 billion
• 24 F/A-18s - $2.0 billion
• 60 AH-64E Attack Helicopters - $1.3 billion
• 6 VH-92 Presidential Helicopters - $0.9 billion
• 10 P-8A Aircraft - $2.2 billion
• 8 CH-53K King Stallion - $1.6 billion
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.