• The Chargers lead 19-13.
• The most recent meeting was almost a year ago to the day, Dec. 2, 2012, when the Bengals beat the Chargers in San Diego 17-13. Cincinnati rallied from a 13-10 halftime deficit when Andy Dalton led a 14-play, 55-yard drive that he capped with a 6-yard run. Carlos Dunlap won AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors for his performance, which included five tackles, two sacks, a pass defensed, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.
• The Bengals have won the last two meetings against San Diego.
• The Chargers are 10-6 as the home team, but Cincinnati has won two of the last three times in San Diego.
• The first game in Bengals history was played in San Diego on Friday night, Sept. 6, 1968. The Chargers won 29-13.
• The series includes on postseason contest, the infamous Freezer Bowl on Jan. 10, 1982, when the Bengals beat the Chargers 27-7 in the AFC Championship Game played in an NFL-record minus-59 wind chill.