You have reached your limit of free articles this month.

Enjoy unlimited access to SpringfieldNewsSun.com

Starting at just 99¢ for 8 weeks.

GREAT REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE TODAY!

  • IN-DEPTH REPORTING
  • INTERACTIVE STORYTELLING
  • NEW TOPICS & COVERAGE
  • ePAPER
X

You have read of premium articles.

Get unlimited access to all of our breaking news, in-depth coverage and interactive features. Starting at just 99c for 8 weeks.

X

Welcome to SpringfieldNewsSun.com

Your source for Clark and Champaign counties’ hometown news. All readers have free access to a limited number of stories every month.

If you are a News-Sun subscriber, please take a moment to login for unlimited access.

Police say Richie Incognito smashed his own Ferrari


Richie Incognito told the Scottsdale Police Department that he smashed his own Ferrari in a fit of rage, according to a report from TMZ.

TMZ first reported the incident yesterday after a neighbor noticed that someone had smashed up Incognito’s car with a bat.

But now it appears that Incognito did it himself.

AP reported that Scottsdale police only became aware of the incident after TMZ gave them a photo of the smashed up car. They went to Incognito’s house and he came clean. Police are no longer investigating.

Incognito had been silent for more than a week following his Twitter rampage after the Wells report was released. The report found that Incognito, Mike Pouncey and John Jerry harassed teammates Jonathan Martin, Nate Garner, Andrew McDonald, Josh Samuda and an assistant trainer. For several days, Incognito blasted Martin and others but later apologized and went offline.

TMZ reported earlier today that Incognito’s parents have filed for divorce. In the divorce documents, Incognito’s dad said that the soon-to-be-former Dolphins guard supports the entire family financially.

Incognito is a free agent and will not return to Miami. It’s unclear whether any other NFL team will try to sign him, and he could still face a league suspension.

- Read more at Palm Beach Post 



Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Sports

The ESPN we used to enjoy is dead and never coming back
The ESPN we used to enjoy is dead and never coming back

The worst thing that ever happened to ESPN was the success of PTI. Shortly after Pardon The Interruption debuted in October 2001, the network set about trying to replicate it on every other show on the network. That has proven to be a disaster because nobody in Bristol gets the debate isn’t what makes that show great, it’s the debaters...
Report: Cincinnati Reds plans for Devin Mesoraco coming into focus
Report: Cincinnati Reds plans for Devin Mesoraco coming into focus

Devin Mesoraco is ready to return to the Cincinnati Reds. Per MLB.com, that means the team is likely to start carrying three catchers when Mesoraco is activated Friday. The Reds are in a bit of a sticky situation because they don’t want to lose Stuart Turner, their current backup catcher, but also would like to continue carrying an extra reliever...
Ohio State NFL draft prospect Gareon Conley statement on rape allegations: ‘Completely false’
Ohio State NFL draft prospect Gareon Conley statement on rape allegations: ‘Completely false’

Gareon Conley has released a statement one day after news broke he is the subject of a sexual assault investigation in Cleveland.  Through his lawyer, the former Ohio State cornerback denied the allegations he raped a woman in a hotel room in early April.  “The things being said about me and what happened that night are not true...
Report: Dayton Flyers hosting recruit from Baltimore
Report: Dayton Flyers hosting recruit from Baltimore

Anthony Grant’s efforts to remake the Dayton Flyers basketball roster on the fly continue. National basketball recruiting analyst Julius Kim reported Wednesday morning Grant, UD’s new coach, was hosting Obadiah Toppin for an official visit.  Toppin is a 6-foot-9 senior at Mt. Zion Prep in Baltimore, Md., and one of the best players...
Reds reinstate rookie right-hander from DL to start today’s game
Reds reinstate rookie right-hander from DL to start today’s game

The Reds this morning activated pitcher Rookie Davis from the 10-day disabled list. Davis will start today’s game vs. the Brewers. To make room for Davis, the Reds sent outfielder Phillip Ervin back to Triple-A Louisville. Davis went on the DL April 11 with a bruised right forearm. In two starts this season, the rookie right-hander is 0-0 with...
More Stories