For one World Cup fan, Luis Suarez's third bite was the charm.
According to Norway's Afterposten newspaper, Norwegian man Thomas Syversen won 5,600 krone – about $916 – on a bet that Uruguay's Suarez would chomp down on an opponent during the Uruguay-Italy match Tuesday. The odds? 175-to-1.
"This is probably the sickest game I've handed in, not to mention the sickest game I've won," Syversen told Afterposten. (Fox Sports provided an English translation of the quote.)
Suarez, who reportedly has bitten other players twice before, appeared to bite Italy's Giorgio Chiellini on Tuesday. Uruguay won the match 1-0.
The Associated Press reported Wednesday that FIFA has officially charged Suarez with biting Chiellini. If Suarez is found guilty, he could be banned for at least two matches and up to 24 months.
- Report: Story that KFC kicked out girl with scars was made up
- WATCH: Man in Mentos suit dropped into vat of Diet Coke
- Father-daughter duo catch burglars in wild car chase
- Mom arrested on suspicion of branding kids so she could identify them
- E-Z Baby Saver reminds driver that kids are in the car