The Dayton Dragons announced Tuesday that 25 home games during the 2013 season will be televised live from Fifth Third Field on WHIO Digital Channel 7.2 (channel 23 and digital channel 372 on most Time Warner Cable systems in the Miami Valley). The games are available to more than 500,000 households.
This marks the third straight year in which the Dragons have presented a 25-game TV package. The Dragons televised 15 games per season from 2001-2010 and five games in the 2000 season.
Each telecast will feature a special guest commentator who will work with Dragons play-by-play announcer Tom Nichols. Among those scheduled for appearances are:
• Former Reds first baseman/former Dragons manager Todd Benzinger
• Former Reds player, coach, and manager Tommy Helms (member of the Reds Hall-of-Fame)
• Hall-of-fame baseball writer Hal McCoy
• Former Houston Astros star and current Reds Assistant Coordinator of Instruction Bill Doran
• Former Reds pitcher/former Dragons pitching coach Doug Bair
• WHIO TV-7 Sports Director Mike Hartsock
• WHIO Radio’s Larry Hansgen
• Reds Public Address Announcer Joe Zerhusen
• Former Reds infielder Chris Sexton
• Former Reds Assistant Director of Player Development Grant Griesser
• Reds Assistant Director of Media Relations Jamie Ramsey (author of the blog “Better Off Red”)
Sponsors for Dragons 2013 television broadcasts include John Morrell Food Group, Drake Heating and Air, Greater Ohio Virtual School, DP&L, IUE-CWA, and Smoothie King.