The Dayton Flyers opened the Anthony Grant era with a 79-61 victory over Ohio Dominican on Saturday at UD Arena.
Here are five quick reactions:
1. Leading scorer: Josh Cunningham led the Flyers with 22 points on 10-of-13 shooting.
2. Leading rebounder: Xeyrius Williams had 15 rebounds and three points.
3. Best freshman performance: Matej Svoboda scored 13 points on 6-of-10 shooting.
4. Best stat: Three Dayton guards had four assists and one turnover: John Crosby, Darrell Davis and Jalen Crutcher.
5. Worst stat: The Flyers made 7 of 14 free throws.
Flyers lead 37-28 at halftime. Cunningham has 13 points. Darrell Davis has 10. Kostas has 4, including this dunk (look at Trey's reaction). pic.twitter.com/3rb5h1t8YW— David Jablonski (@DavidPJablonski) November 4, 2017
1. Who started: The five returning players started: Darrell Davis, Cunningham, Williams, John Crosby and Trey Landers.
2. Who was the best player: Cunningham was a man among boys in the first half. He had 13 points and six rebounds as the Flyers built a 37-28 halftime lead.
3. Who were the first players off the bench: Freshmen Jalen Crutcher and Jordan Davis.
4. Who had the biggest impact of the newcomers: Svoboda hit 2 of 4 shots from the field and scored five points.
5. Who made the most memorable play: Kostas Antetokounmpo rattled the rim with a dunk and brought the crowd, which had been waiting a long time to see him in action, to its feet. He was fouled on the play and missed the free throw. He had four points in five minutes.