Columbus, Ohio has been known to be a fast-food test kitchen where restaurants try new menu items and see how consumers react before deciding whether or not to add them to the national menu. Now, the world's largest fast-food chain is using locations in the city to try out a new breakfast sandwich.
McDonald's will be testing the Chicken McGriddle, a sandwich containing a fried chicken patty between two maple syrup-infused pancake buns, at 11 central Ohio restaurants, according to Columbus Business First.
“We’re always looking for new ways to offer relevant tastes to our customers,” McDonald’s Ohio region spokesperson Phil Saken told BuzzFeed. “As with all of our tests, we’re seeking customer feedback, and this region was selected to provide that valuable feedback in this case.”
The Chicken McGriddle is being tested at two price points – $1.49 and $2 – and is available at selected restaurants until March 27, according to the site.
Road trip, anyone?
- Mob Wives' star Big Ang dies
- Man's decision to take different route helps find missing child
- Baby dolphin dies after being passed around for selfies
- Study: Popular heartburn medications may increase dementia risk
- Flight from hell: 4 hour trip turns into 30 hours