The French have taken the wine bar trend to a whole new level.
According to a Reuters report, the Clermont-Ferrand University Hospital in the city of Clermont-Ferrand will open a wine bar in their palliative care center in September.
In a statement, the hospital said, "Why should we refuse the charms of the soil to those at the end of their lives?”
The wine bar will serve both terminally ill patients and their family members. All wine tastings will be medically supervised and the bar staff will receive special training.
According to the Reuters report, recent research calls into question some of the previous scientific claims that wine consumption offers health benefits.
- More owners, vets claim dog deaths may be linked to Trifexis drug
- Old Labrador who walked 30 miles back home adopted
- Giraffe dies after hitting its head on highway bridge
- Couple attacked after trying to help child locked in a hot car
- Strange sea creature washes up on California beaches