An Italy-bound flight was forced to return to London when a piece of its wing collapsed Thursday and video of the incident was posted to Facebook and YouTube.
A journalist for The Independent in London was on the flight and reports that passengers were "terrified" after hearing a loud band shortly after take off from London City Airport.
The owner of online travel agency To Tuscany also posted the dramatic video of the City-Jet flight bound for Florence. The Avro RJ85 aircraft landed in London safely and passengers are now en route to Florence on another aircraft.
"On take-off there was a strange noise then a bang and six-foot plus section of the left wing that looked like suddenly came loose and hung down, flapping in the jetstream," journalist Cole Moreton told The Independent.
- Amazing video: Pet cat saves autistic boy from dog attack
- Ohio teen catches 3-foot 'river monster' on flooded street
- Condition updated for boys hurt in swept away bounce house
- 6 brothers, parents charged in abuse case
- Mom gives birth to rare 'mono-mono' identical twins