Reports from the three-year-old’s hometown and other media sources say the little girl went into a coma after being taken home and later died.
>>Original story below<<
The little girl was being prepared for burial when she began to move.
A neighbor of the family had opened the girl’s coffin to adjust the body when he noticed a slight movement of her head.
The family quickly picked up the girl and ran out of the church in Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, in the Philippines.
The Independent reports the local police chief said the child had a high fever for several days before being taken to a hospital on Friday.
“We really cannot make confirmation on the status of the girl but based on the observation of the police personnel I deployed it appeared the girl remained in a state of comatose in their house," he commented.
The little girl was doing well enough to go home after tests were done. Medical personnel will check her condition in the coming days to make sure she is improving.
- Nude homeowner scares off burglar, burglar apologizes
- Woman kicked off plane after argument about Israel conflict
- Man loses fingertips on Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean ride
- Steven Spielberg 'dinosaur hunter' photo goes viral
- Survivor played dead in alleged Texas family execution