A woman in Albuquerque was arrested after she poisoned her roommates’ food and drinks.
The reason why she poisoned them is even more disturbing.
Police allege Shari Walters, 53, was caught by a female roommate having sex with the roommate’s dog, Spike.
Walters boasted that this was not the first time she had had sexual relations with the roommate’s dogs.
When the male roommate, who was also Walter's boyfriend, found out that Walters confessed to having sex with the dogs, he promptly ended their relationship, KOAT reports.
Walters told police that she sought revenge for the relationship breakup by poisoning both of her roommates. According to the report, Walters used rubbing alcohol and toilet bowl cleaner to poison the food.
The roommates are being medically treated and are expected to fully recover.
The dogs were examined by a local veterinarian, who stated they suffered minor injuries.
Walters is being held in the Bernalillo County Jail. According to the KOAT report, she is charged with aggravated battery, cruelty or extreme cruelty to animals and assault with intent to commit a violent felony.
- An unexpected mourner deals with Robin Williams death
- Florida woman has 11th booking photo taken after alleged assault on grandmother
- 14-year-old found living in Walmart store
- Dad runs from police to 'pause' Madden video game after child found wandering
- Report: Your instant ramen noodles could be killing you