One woman sure got a kick out of her last plane trip.
For the flight crew and other passengers, it was anything but a routine flight.
The BBC reports that the unusual midair disturbance took place aboard a Thomson Airways flight that had originated in Tunisia and was bound for Edinburgh, Scotland.
The woman, only identified as a 48-year-old Edinburgh resident in the report, allegedly threw her prosthetic leg, along with food, at the flight crew.
According to this report from The Telegraph, fellow passengers claim the woman was highly intoxicated, and was demanding cigarettes and a parachute so she could jump out of the plane. One passenger interviewed claimed the woman slapped a child during the incident. After the flight crew confiscated her prosthetic leg, she continued to kick at crew members with her remaining leg.
The woman also was cursing profusely and making threats, forcing the crew to divert the plane to Gatwick.
After a safe landing, law enforcement officials met the plane, and the woman was arrested and taken to a local police station for further questioning.
- Couple attacked after trying to help child locked in a hot car
- More owners, vets claim dog deaths may be linked to Trifexis drug
- Fla. health officials warn about flesh-eating bacteria in the water
- Giraffe dies after hitting its head on highway bridge
- Child’s deathbed thoughts focused on helping others