A Russian man ran into a bear in a raspberry field last week and quickly realized the animal was going to attack. But the 80-year-old had no intention of giving in. When the bear got close, he brought the rain.
Yusuf Alchagirov kicked the bear, head-butted the confused animal and even tried to kill it with a knife.
He didn’t disable the furry fury but he was able to take it by surprise enough to survive the ordeal.
The bear fought with the shepherd for several minutes and then, apparently done with the old man, threw him off a cliff before meandering away.
"I got off easy," Yusuf told The Guardian. “It would have killed me if I'd chickened out."
Easy might be a stretch. Yousef was hospitalized with broken ribs, bruises and bite wounds -- all of which sounds better than the alternative.
Officials in the Russian region of Kabardino-Balkaria say they are not going to hunt the bear because they think it was “just playing with” Yusuf.
- Severe bullying reportedly leads NFL player to walk off team
- What your dog's wagging tail really means
- Man wrongly accused of being pedophile burned alive
- Sister of the year gets Selena Gomez tattoo for concert tix
- Miami Dolphins cheerleaders web page hacked by porn site