A Waffle House waitress has received a $1,000 Mother's Day tip directly from her customer after the restaurant refused to give it to her because it was left on a credit card.
Shaina Brown was working the night shift in Raleigh when a man left her the tip. But the Waffle House tells The Raleigh News & Observer that it refunds large tips unless they're paid by cash or check to avoid disputes about charges.
Brown tells WTVD-TV in Raleigh she was humiliated when the restaurant refused to give her the money.
She says she got a call last week from her customer, who wants to remain anonymous. She says he had heard about her problems and wrote her a check directly.
Brown calls the man a hero.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 6th baby dies in 'Nap Nanny' recliner; officials urge owners to stop using product
- Dad attacks teacher over 'inappropriate' texts to daughter
- High school students make janitor's dream come true
- Florida, Georgia most stressed out states in the U.S., study says
- Newlywed couple killed in head-on crash with each other