Highway workers are back on the job today after a Memorial Day rest. Keep alert to their activities in work zones and slow down when you near these road work hot spots for the week of May 26 to June 1.
• Ohio 67 between Dixie Highway and Blank Pike, 24 hour lane closure May 27 through Oct. 24. The Ohio 67 bridge will have one shared lane open. Traffic will be maintained in both directions through the use of a temporary traffic signal.
• I-75 northbound and southbound between Bellefontaine Street and National Road, lane closures May 27 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
• High Street between Chestnut Street and Front Street in St. Marys, 24-hour road closure March 10 through July 31. The official detour during this closure is: Spruce Street to Spring Street to Front Street.
• U.S. 68 in both directions at bridge near Ohio 334, Single lane closure May 26 – 30. One lane will remain open in each direction.
• Ohio 334 westbound ramp (on the right side of Ohio 334) to U.S. 68 southbound, 24 hour ramp closure March 31 to May 30 . (The ramp on the left side of west bound Ohio 334 to southbound U.S. 68 will remain open without any width restrictions.)
• Ohio 235 northbound and southbound near U.S. 40, 24 hour bridge restriction March 31 through Aug. 31. One lane of alternating traffic will be maintained. Road width will be 15 feet 3 inches.
• Ohio 121 bridge between Kruckeberg-Russ Road and Jaysville-St. Johns Road, 24-hour road closure May 27 through June 17. The official detour during this closure is: U.S. 127 to Kruckeberg Road.
• Ohio 705 between Whiterd Road and Mangen Road, 24 hour road closure March 3 through Aug. 31.
• Ohio 48 in Pleasant Hill from Ohio 718 to the north corporation limit, 24 hour road closure April 1 through Aug. 1.
• U.S. 35 eastbound and westbound between Smithville Road and I-675, nightly lane closures May 27 – 29 between the hours of 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. One lane will remain open in each direction at all times.
• U.S. 35 eastbound and westbound between Livingston Avenue and I-675, overnight lane closure May 23 – 24 between the hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. One lane will remain open at all times.
• U.S. 35 eastbound between Boltin Street and Livingston Avenue, overnight lane closure May 23 – 24 between the hours of 9 p.m. 6 a.m. This will become a double lane closure beginning at 10 p.m.
• Ohio 202 between Dinsmore Drive and Benchrock Parkway, 24-hour road closure May 22 – 30.
• Col. Glenn Highway in the area of WSU will have a lane closure will begin on May 28. The lane is the eastbound curb lane. The times of the daily closure being 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The interior lanes will be open for traffic.
• As part of the U.S. 42 resurfacing project, Corwin Avenue near its intersection with U.S. 42 in Waynesville will be closed to traffic beginning at 7 a.m. Wednesday, May 21, reopening by 7 a.m. Sunday, May 25. The recommended tour is U.S. 42 to Ohio 73 to Main Street to Corwin Avenue.
• Pavement work will require the following lane and ramp closures on Interstate 71: Various lane closures will be in place on northbound I-71 at the Fields-Ertel Road exit beginning at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 17; all lanes will reopen to traffic by 6 a.m. Sunday, May 18.
• The ramp from northbound I-71 to State Route 48 will be closed from 11 p.m. Monday, May 19 to 5 a.m. the following day. The right lane of northbound I-71 at SR 48 will also be closed during this time.
• As part of a two-year project to resurface 5.5 miles of Interstate 675 in Greene County, various ramp closures to accommodate pavement repair operations are scheduled the next two weeks:
The ramp from southbound I-675 to North Fairfield Road (exit #17) will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. beginning Sunday, May 18 and continuing through Friday, May 23. The recommended detour is Grange Hall Road (exit #16) to Pentagon Park Boulevard to North Fairfield Road.
• Closure of the ramp from Dayton-Yellow Springs Road to southbound I-675 will in place each night beginning at 9 p.m. Wednesday, May 21 through Friday, May 23, and Tuesday, May 27 through Friday, May 30, reopening to traffic by 6 a.m. the following day. The recommended detour is northbound I-675 to Ohio 235 to southbound I-675.
• Mercer Co. - U.S. 33 between Erastus-Durbin Road and Winkler Road, 24-hour road closure June 9 – 13. The official detour is: Ohio 49 south to Ohio 707 east to Ohio 118 north.
• Mercer Co. - Ohio 49 between Wayne Street and Elm Street in Ft. Recovery, 24-hour road closure June 2 through July 16. The official detour during this closure is Ohio 119 East to Ohio 118 North to Ohio 219 West.
• Shelby Co. - Ohio 29 between Mason Road and Sharp Road, 24-hour road closure June 2 – 22. The official detour during this closure is: I-75 to Ohio 119.
• Mercer Co.- Ohio 29 between Burkettsville-St. Henry Road and Hellwarth Road, 24-hour road closure June 16 – 20. Detour will be posted.