There's a new form of ammunition that's got gun owners drooling.
They're called Radically Invasive Projectiles, or RIP, and the creators say there's a reason for that name.
According to a video of the ammunition in action, as target material fills a RIP, its trocar points start to function like a hole saw, shredding its targets.
Here are some specs on the 9mm round:
- 16-inch penetration
- Up to 6-inch diameter spread
- 96-grain projectile
- 2-inch grouping at 25 yards
- 1,265 FPS muzzle energy
- 9 separate wound channels
- Solid copper / lead-free
- Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing
G2 research created the new bullet.
The company says it plans to develop several more models to give gun owners options in the future.
- Rare Nintendo cartridge going for thousands on eBay
- Study: Sodas contain high levels of possible carcinogen
- Police: Teacher served cannabis-laced dish at potluck
- Justin Bieber arrested, allegedly failed sobriety test in Miami Beach
- Driver ignores cyclist sticking through his windshield