A 3-year-old Arizona girl who used an iPad to teach herself Spanish has become the youngest person in the state to join Mensa.
According to ABC 15, Alexis Martin already reads at a fifth-grade level and has an IQ above 160 – higher than 99.9 percent of people worldwide. Mensa members must have an IQ in the top 2 percent.
“From 12-18 months old, we'd be driving around in the car, and she would recite her bedtime story from the night before,” her father, Ian, told ABC 15.
Alexis' parents are trying to decide whether to send Alexis to school early. The doctor who gave her the IQ test said Alexis would “not be able to go to a normal school,” ABC 15 reported.
- Man chokes girlfriend in store, customers whip man
- Collect $578 in free food on your birthday
- Mom expecting triplets gives birth to identical quadruplets
- Interview: George Zimmerman says he's homeless and suffers from PTSD
- Second Danish zoo says it won't kill healthy giraffe