Feel like hitting the snooze button this morning, ladies? Apparently, there's a scientific reason for that.
According to Woman's Day, a recent study by Loughborough University's Sleep Research Center in England found that women need to sleep about 20 minutes longer than men. The reason?
"Women's brains are wired differently," said the sleep center's director, professor Jim Horne.
Horne added, "Women tend to multitask – they do lots at once and are flexible – and so they use more of their actual brain than men do."
Women also are more likely than men to feel hostile, depressed or angry because of a lack of sleep, the study found.
- Applebee's waiter serves 3 kids alcoholic root beer
- Heartbreaking photo: Deputy comforts mother whose daughter was killed in crash
- Must-see: Model with Down syndrome stuns in new bridal shoot
- Mother accused of punching principal for yelling at her child
- This woman does not look happy on Disney's Splash Mountain