Police say a North Carolina driver taking selfies and posting to Facebook about how happy she was while listening to a Pharrell song, was killed when her car crashed into a truck.
High Point police say 32-year-old Courtney Ann Sanford was killed when her car crossed the median and collided with a truck hauling a recycling bin.
Lt. Lee Lanier said Sanford's cellphone indicated her last post was at 8:33 a.m. Thursday, one minute before the accident was called in.
“In a matter of seconds, a life was over just so she could notify some friends that she was happy,” said High Point Police Lt. Chris Weisner, according to WGHB-TV.
Lanier said a look at her Facebook account showed Sanford had taken pictures of herself and posted them while driving. Investigators also said Sanford's wrote, "The happy song makes me HAPPY."
—The Associated Press contributed
- Mom's response to 'troll' triggers outpouring of social media support
- Women arrested after twerking in front of courthouse
- Teen selfie with squirrel turns into nutty situation
- Driver who killed teen now suing dead boy's family
- Texas vet accused of keeping dog alive for blood transfusions