A South Carolina woman spent a night in jail for failing to return a VHS tape she rented nearly 10 years ago.
Kayla Michelle Finley, 27, of Pickens, S.C., was arrested last week and charged with failing to return a rented video cassette.
Pickens County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Creed Hashe says Finley rented the movie "Monster-in-Law" from Dalton Videos in 2005. The store is no longer in business.
The owner took out a warrant against Finley, who was arrested when she was at the sheriff's office for something else and the warrant was found.
Hashe says Finley had been sent several certified letters at the time. She tells WHNS-TV that she never got the letters and that she will fight the charge.
—The Associated Press contributed
- Man chokes girlfriend in store, customers whip man
- Collect $578 in free food on your birthday
- Mom expecting triplets gives birth to identical quadruplets
- Interview: George Zimmerman says he's homeless and suffers from PTSD
- Second Danish zoo says it won't kill healthy giraffe