Crews are investigating what caused a wind turbine to fail and fall over Wednesday night in Fayette County.
WPXI-TV viewers have sent us several photos of the wind turbine that fell in Springhill Township on Route 653 near Cranberry Lake.
Steve Stengel, the director of communication for NextEra Energy Resources, told Channel 11’s Joe Holden that his company owns and operates the Mill Run Wind Farm.
“Last night our technicians discovered a wind turbine had failed and fallen over. No one was hurt,” Stengel said. “Cause of the failure is currently under investigation.”
Stengel said the wind farm is made up of 10 turbines, and the other nine are currently offline.
- Wife's persistent phone calls save trapped trucker
- Girl's letter to future self goes viral after her death
- Caught on video: Texting Florida driver rolls car
- Woman rescued from Nevada motel after Facebook plea
- Crying baby disrupts fancy restaurant, debate ensues