Talk about a big fish. An Atlanta man and his father last week caught an 884-pound sturgeon during a fishing trip to Canada.
According to Great River Fishing Adventures, 19-year-old Paul Jarvis hooked the 11-foot-10 white sturgeon Thursday morning on the Fraser River.
“In the first few minutes I had it on the line, I couldn’t believe the weight and power of the fish," said Jarvis, who battled the fish with the help of his father, Ron, for about an hour. "I am a big guy, and I could barely hold on to the rod let alone begin to reel the fish."
After about an hour, a tour guide and crew tagged the sturgeon – a protected species – and released it.
- Deputies: 450-pound Florida man hid drugs in stomach fat
- Concerned citizen posts photo of dog locked in hot car on Facebook
- Video of officer, attendee encounter at Pridefest sparks outrage
- Video shows Tacoma officer running over man lying on street
- Watch: Giants fan catches home run ball while holding baby