Shoppers outside a Houston-area strip mall broke a car window to get to two children who had been locked in while their mother reportedly was getting a haircut.
Temperatures in Katy, Texas, were above 90 degrees when the passersby noticed two small children alone in a parked Jeep.
Video shows one man using a hammer to break the window of the Jeep.
“It was a crazy situation,” Gabriel Del Valle, who took the video with his phone, told Houston television station KHOU. “The kids were in there crying. I mean you would understand. It’s real hot."
According to KHOU, no one called the police. The mom pleaded with everyone on the scene, saying she had made a terrible mistake. KHOU reported that it appears the children were unharmed.
- 'Dead’ toddler wakes up at her own funeral
- Nude homeowner scares off burglar, burglar apologizes
- Body falls out of coroner’s van onto busy road
- Woman kicked off plane after argument about Israel conflict
- Spotify ranks 10 most-popular wedding songs