A Halloween prank near led sheriff deputies to tell one North Carolina homeowner it was the worst vandalism they had ever seen on Halloween.
The homeowner in Conover, N.C., about 50 miles northwest of Charlotte, woke up Friday to see what was spray-painted on her home and two cars.
Natalie Vedashenko still can't believe the damage done to her home.
She and her fiancé took their daughter trick-or-treating in a different neighborhood Thursday night. They left their home with the lights off and didn't leave any candy behind.
Last night while they slept, someone spray-painted messages like "No candy" and "Cheap" all over the outside of their house and their shed.
The couple spent nearly $5,000 putting up the siding last year and believe much of that will now have to be replaced.
Sheriff deputies are trying to identify the people responsible but right now have few leads in the case.
The couple said they are looking at now possibly putting up cameras around the home after they make the repairs.
More Popular Headlines
- Brother dies on way to hospital after sister's suicide
- School bullies rip scalp of 8-year-old Georgia girl
- Man wrongly accused of being pedophile burned alive
- Julianne Hough apologizes for blackface Halloween costume
- Ancient bees could have died out with the dinosaurs