A Georgia middle school teacher was fired recently after a group of students found naked selfies on her cellphone and shared them on social media.
According to the Savannah Morning News, Lekeshia Jones, 34, was outside her classroom at Myers Middle School in Savannah when students found her phone on her desk and looked through her personal photos, which included nude selfies. The students reportedly took photos of the selfies and shared them on social media.
On July 30, the Savannah-Chatham school board voted 8-1 to fire Jones, saying she tried to investigate the incident on her own instead of reporting it to officials. The board also said she was insubordinate after the incident, missed work and continued to handle her phone irresponsibly.
Jones is suing the board for wrongful termination. She also told WTOC-TV that she plans to press charges against the students.
“I feel like I’m the victim,” Jones told the Savannah Morning News.
- Elderly couple dies hours apart after 62 years of marriage
- Owner considers keeping pit bull that reportedly killed her mother
- More owners, vets claim dog deaths may be linked to Trifexis drug
- Restaurant offers discount to people who pray before their meal
- Man angered by 3 missing Chips Ahoy! cookies tries to kill roommate, police say