Newly released surveillance video apparently shows the moment a Chicago Transit Authority train went off the tracks early Monday morning.
According to WMAQ, the CTA hasn't commented on the reported crash video. The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the crash, and the CTA's union president says the train's operator might have dozed off just before the accident.
One of the women riding the train on her way to work is now suing the CTA for negligence. She and her attorney spoke to local reporters.
"I kind of hollered because I see the train sitting on the escalator that I'm supposed to be going up in a minute to go to work. But the train has derailed. It's in the airport." (Via WGN)
Several other lawsuits have been filed in the wake of the derailment. The CTA is not commenting on any lawsuits, and train service at the crash site remains suspended.
See more at newsy.com.
- Firefighters sing 'Frozen' hit to calm girl trapped in elevator
- Your stick figure family may be putting your family in danger
- Did a N.Y. mother poison her son with salt
- Burger King Baby' finds birth mom after Facebook search
- Woman's 'phantom' quintuplet pregnancy shocks boyfriend